Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Musical inspiration



I watched The Sound of Music the other night. What a great movie. A little cheesy, yes, but good.

I'd never really thought about it before, but it also inspired a few scenes in Thorn of the Kingdom. Remember where Abby sneaks into the open ballroom and begins dancing with an imaginary partner? I doubt she would have if Julie Andrews hadn't first.

Actually, the ballroom at Tholly's palace isn't so far off from the one at the von Trapp Family villa. It's just bigger, of course, and with a bit more of the colors you'd find at Beast's castle.



It's strange to realize how all these little bits can get stirred up in one's mind and come out in different ways. It's not plagiarism. It's just how art works and has always worked. Ask Shakespeare.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 18, 01:33:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I also watched that movie some time before. I liked it so much. Where are you from?... I'd like to meet more about you... I'd like to make new friends... Lis :-)my mail is lis.calderon@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home