Thursday, October 05, 2006

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo



Epic is about the only thing to say about this story. It's intimidating just because of its size... At close to 1,500 pages, it's thicker than some Bibles. But is it worth it to read the unabridged version? I think so.

There's a lot of information in here that has nothing to do with the plot... but it contributes to the mood. And the plot, itself, is full enough.

I challenge you to name a human emotion that it not found in these pages, somewhere. From compassion to greed to desperation to anger... it's all here.

And, I also happen to love Les Mis, the musical. I wish I could have seen it on Broadway.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Mon Oct 23, 12:01:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to find a published copy of Thorns of a Kingdom in bookstores, online, etc but I couldn't find it :-(. I reallllyyyy wanna read it. Where can I find it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home