Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Where do you find TOTK, anyway?

Anonymous said...
I tried to find a published copy of Thorns of a Kingdom in bookstores, online, etc but I couldn't find it :-(. I reallllyyyy wanna read it. Where can I find it?


Part of the reason I started this blog was to keep my FP readers up-to-date on what's happening with TOTK, so I'm glad you asked this.

I want you to read Thorn of the Kingdom. I'm excited that you're excited about it.

Unfortunately, it isn't available anywhere online at the moment.

As I was writing the first draft, several years ago, I posted each chapter to FictionPress.com. As I got closer to what I thought was the end of the revising process, I took it down because I thought I was close to sending my manuscript off to agents and publishers. Then I decided it needed one more draft before it was "ready for prime time."

And so, my faithful readers are in limbo right now. My new goal is to begin searching for an agent before the end of the year, but the publishing business is notoriously slow, so it could be a while yet before you can order it from a bookstore.

I still have a few "Outtakes" from TOTK on my FictionPress homepage. Think of them as "deleted scenes" from a DVD. (I'm having some trouble viewing content on FictionPress right now. I don't know if it's due to their recent upgrade, or if I'm just to stupid to figure out the new features, but just to let you know you might have some troubles with it too.)

But, in the meantime, I think I'll post the original opening here, as a sign of good faith.

Thank you for your patience!
Poohba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home