Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo, Day #1

For some reason, I was thinking I had to write some 6,000 words a day to get to 50,000 in 30 days. (Math on the fly has never been my strong suit.) So, I was satisfied with the 1,889 words I wrote today, but still kind of indifferent as to whether I'd actually push myself to finish Nano this year. I did it once. That should be accomplishment enough, right?

Well, then I recalled that it's only 1,600-something that you have to write a day. And that means that - at the end of Day #1 - I'm ahead of the game.

That makes me feel good - but I think I'll feel guiltier if I don't keep it up, now.

Anyway, I tried throwing my plot (and I'm starting to develop one!) into the Plot-o-Matic and got this:

The Crazy Grad Student Who Thinks She Has Time to Write a Novel
an original concept
by Poohba


Comedy: A struggling artist teams up with a crotchety codger to take on the mafia. In the process they fall in love with four British men on welfare. By the end of the movie they run away from 49 oogly aliens and end up winning the admiration of their 3rd grade teacher, living happily ever after.
Think It's a Wonderful Life meets The Phantom of the Opera.

(I don't think the Plot-o-Matic's pull down menu choice's quite represented where I'm going with this story, but oh well. It sure makes it sound interesting, doesn't it?)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home