Saturday, June 02, 2012

Misadventures in Social Media

That is to say, I haven't done much blogging lately. It's amazing how, once you get out of the habit, real life gets in the way.

However, I've spent the evening tonight going over several month's worth of "Poohba Mail" and felt like I should post an update to answer three of the most common questions people have been asking me:

Q: When is "Thorn of the Kingdom" coming out?
A: I wish I knew! We still haven't found a publisher yet. I've had editors say really nice things about it, but the perfect match hasn't happened just yet. My agent and I are still looking and we'll keep you posted when we have news.

Q: Why did you take "Phillip's Rose" (A.K.A. "TOTK II") down?  
A: I took "Phillip's Rose" down from FictionPress for a lot of reasons. For one, it featured characters who are in the original "Thorn of the Kingdom" and, with all the reports of plagiarism on the site, I just didn't want to leave them exposed like that. But, more importantly, I wrote "Phillip's Rose" more than 8 years ago. I feel like I've progressed a lot as a writer since then, and, frankly, there were parts of the story that I just felt embarrassed about. I know I can do better, and you readers deserve better from me.  

Q: Wasn't your story once called "Queen of Glass"?  
A: Well, no. You're thinking of Sarah Maas's story, which was wildly popular and I wish I had read while it was up on FictionPress. Fortunately, I'm getting a second chance soon, though, because Bloomsbury is publishing Sarah's (renamed) epic "Throne of Glass" this August! I've gotten to know Sarah a little bit from working on the "Let the Words Flow" blog (which has since morphed into Publishing Crawl, and I know she's really excited about it. It's great to see yet another FictionPress alum do good.

I hope that answers some of your burning questions. Please let me know if there's something else you've been meaning to ask. And, I apologize for disappearing from here for years at a time. I'll try to update a little more often in the future.

— Poohba

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Wed Dec 26, 10:16:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Thorn of the Kingdom gets published, I've decided that no matter what, I'm going to call in sick to work the very day I get my hands on it, move heaven and earth to find a quiet place to read it, and read it cover to cover as many times as I can in one sitting. I was so fortunate to have stumbled on it on fictionpress so long ago! I've hyped it up to my sister so many times, even she's looking forward to it!

I don't think I have ever looked forward to something more in my life. A while ago the anticipation might have felt agonizing, but nowadays it feels like a slow delight of something I will one day relish. Everyday I get to feel excited! How awesome is that?!

Sending positive thoughts your way! And hopefully one day we can read some other material of yours as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home